Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help With Spyfalcon Removal After Effects, Comp Partially Unbootable

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dbc1962

dbc1962

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:05 AM

Good day to you,

My system is a Toshiba Satellite M45-S331 notebook. Pentium M processor730 (1.60GHz), 512MB RAM, 80 gig HD running XP Home SP2. (With updates installed)

I recently had SpyFalcon get into the system and could not get rid of it. I followed the dir's in topic 43659 but some were incompletable:

Step 11 says to uninstall the program, however it was not on the ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS list ... moved on to the next step.

Step 13 said to delete dxmpp.dll and the SpyFalcon folder ... neither of those were in existance either. I proceeded as it said not to be concerned if the folder did not exist.

Step 15 had me run the RunThis.bat file, which I did. No uninstallers came up. Disk cleanup then opened but strangely ran only a VERY short time (perhaps 1 minute?) then closed.Once it closed I looked for the mentioned smitfiles.txt file in my C: drive and it was indeed there.

This is where things went bad. I rebooted per direction 18 however when the system tried to come back up, I got a blue screen stop error message that read as follows:

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER. IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE SEEN THIS STOP ERROR ... ETC ETC ETC. (Standard stop-error directions)

TECHNICAL INFORMATION: ** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0xAA8164D0, 0xF8963FC8, 0xF8963cc4)

From that point the system will, of course, do nothing until I restart it.

It WILL boot to 'safe mode', however it will NOT boot to 'safe mode with networking', 'normal start up', 'using last known good configuration' or any other type of boot. Only simple 'safe mode'. I have no access to the internet on it now (am using a borrowed desktop system to post this).

I did try 'system restore' from a couple different points in time while running in 'safe mode' however when trying to boot normally I still get the same stop error message.

I just moved and can't find the dog gonned system disc that came with the notebook to try and restore it to factory settings ... the idea of which I didn't care for anyway as I would lose all of my personal data on the computer.

If anyone can offer me advice and/or a solution for this it would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks so VERY much in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:17 AM

MS 0x0000007E

MS 0x0000007E

USB Error

If you find the system restore disc the UBCD4Win cd will give you full read/write access to your hdd and allow you to copy the data off to a usb hdd/flash drive or burn data to a CD. If you can identify why your getting the stop error you may be able to replace any missing files and get your PC working again.

Have you got a WinXP CD? As a repair install of XP may fix the problem.

#3 dbc1962

dbc1962
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:03 PM

I do have an XP Pro CD from a different system that I've gotten rid of, would that one work OK with my notebook since it is running XP Home SP2?

#4 dbc1962

dbc1962
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:32 PM

OK, nevermind ... the XP CD that I do have wont work. I get a message telling me that it is older than the version that is already on my system and there is no option available to repair install or anything even similar. :thumbsup:

Still going through boxes to try and find the system CD that came with it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

#5 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:25 AM

Without the CD you may struggle.

You could contact Toshiba and see if they will re-supply the disks but you may get charged for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users