Hi, Thanbks for your help!
I ran the unhide that made a big difference.
TDSSkiller didn't load. Probably a 64 bit issue?
Ran the GMER scan. It appeared to run even though my PC is 64 bit. The saved log had nothing in though. Maybe the 64b issue.
The aswMBR doesn't seem to do anything. I ran it and nothing seems to happen.
My files are all unhidden (as far as I can tell) and my internet favorites appear to be back. The only issue I can see is that when I do a Google search, selecting any of the links redirects me to other sights.
PS: Here's the Unhide.txt info:
Unhide by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
Copyright 2008-2012 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Unhide.exe can be found at this link:
Program started at: 04/01/2012 11:02:49 AM
Windows Version: Windows 7
Please be patient while your files are made visible again.
Processing the C:\ drive
Finished processing the C:\ drive. 357469 files processed.
Processing the D:\ drive
Finished processing the D:\ drive. 17058 files processed.
Restoring the Start Menu.
* 13 Shortcuts and Desktop items were restored.
Searching for Windows Registry changes made by FakeHDD rogues.
- Checking HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer
* NoActiveDesktopChanges policy was found and deleted!
- Checking HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer
- Checking HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
Program finished at: 04/01/2012 11:15:42 AM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 12 minute(s), and 53 seconds(s)
Edited by Eric Seigneuray, 01 April 2012 - 11:37 AM.