Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 ultimate networking

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bang your Head

Bang your Head

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

Is there a tutorial for networking via utp cable and the other is using a wireless/wifi adapter? but we have both the same connected in one(1) router, the difference is mine (cable) and the other pc is a usb wireless/wifi adapter. I'm using windows 7 ultimate. thanks a lot in advance.

Edited by hamluis, 01 April 2012 - 11:02 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

Hi -
I am not exactly sure of the full setup that you are wanting to use (I am an Aussie) as our systems may differ -

On my 2 computers have a modem (wifi) that is available to my desktop (but I use it wired due to location) and wireless to my laptop
I also have a "usb" plug in wifi adaptor for my laptop (Win7), that is apart from other internet network
I use this if I am on the road, or generally away from home for any time -

The ISP that that I am with set this up with a quick phone call, and a few on line basic directions
My normal reply is to contact your Internet Provider (Freecall usually) and ask for specific directions, as models do vary -

Thank You -

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

What is your networking question? Are you trying to share files between the two comptuers? or Are you just trying to access the internet?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 Bang your Head

Bang your Head
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hi -
I am not exactly sure of the full setup that you are wanting to use (I am an Aussie) as our systems may differ -

On my 2 computers have a modem (wifi) that is available to my desktop (but I use it wired due to location) and wireless to my laptop
I also have a "usb" plug in wifi adaptor for my laptop (Win7), that is apart from other internet network
I use this if I am on the road, or generally away from home for any time -

The ISP that that I am with set this up with a quick phone call, and a few on line basic directions
My normal reply is to contact your Internet Provider (Freecall usually) and ask for specific directions, as models do vary -

Thank You -

Thank you for your reply, we both connected to the internet. And i want to share my documents or i will copy some of my files to the other pc.

What is your networking question? Are you trying to share files between the two comptuers? or Are you just trying to access the internet?

Thank you for your reply, yes your right i just want to share files between the two computers. We both have an internet. How can I access it?

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Microsoft Guide to File Sharing In Windows 7

Edited by Sneakycyber, 01 April 2012 - 08:16 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 Bang your Head

Bang your Head
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Microsoft Guide to File Sharing In Windows 7

still I can't see the files I shared and the other pc. I don't know what is wrong. This is my first time trying to share between a wireless/wifi adapter and a utp/network cable having a wireless router. But of course the wireless router there are ports for a utp cable, where I attached for my connection.

#7 Bang your Head

Bang your Head
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:25 AM

i'll up this, hope there will be someone who can help me.thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users