Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting through WAN Miniport PPPOE w/screenshots

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iamnothing

iamnothing

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a continuing problem that I need help with. When running IE 9, as well as earlier versions, I will get disconnected if I go to certain sites. There does not seem to be a pattern to what sites will cause this, other than saying that it is often sites with heavy graphics, video, etc.
This DOES NOT happen when using Google Chrome. I have had this problem since ever since using my current computer and switching from dsl to cable internet. I had posted a while back, but got no response. The link below includes the screenshots that represents the sequence of events when I get disconnected. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic361535.html/page__p__2023705__fromsearch__1#entry2023705

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,104 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

Is your cable internet an "always on" connection meaning you don't have to log on with a username and password? It appears your computer is still set up for your DSL connection its trying to dial out. What Version of Windows are you using?

Edited by Sneakycyber, 01 April 2012 - 07:58 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 iamnothing

iamnothing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Sneakycyber,
Thanks so much for responding! I am using Windows Vista Home Premium, and I am always connected to the internet, that is, I do not enter a username and password. I am not so great with connections and the like. I believe when I changed from DSL to cable the installer set everything up. Thanks again for responding. Hope to hear from you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users