Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upload Speed Variation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jnk1296

jnk1296

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

First off, I feel like I should apologize. It seems like I've almost been spamming my problems only to find a solution for them five minutes later. So I'll try to work on that. :P

More to the point, this isn't so much a problem as it is a irritation. a confusing issue, if you will.

I host a private minecraft server that just one friend and I play on. I did all of the port forwarding correctly, and yet all I get out of my upload speed is a measly 1-2kbp/s, and that's if I'm lucky. On average it's more like 6-700bp/s. Now here's where the confusing part comes in. I also upload to youtube (not at the same time), and when I upload, I get an average of 80kbp/s upload. Not that great, but it's a huge increase over minecraft.

So I'm just wondering, is there a reason my upload speeds vary so greatly between these two activities? I mean, does it have something to do with YouTube having good servers or something like that? I'm not really expecting an answer that will fix my problem ,but I'm hoping for one that can clarify. I'm in no hurry. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

Hello,

Please do a speed test at http://speedtest.net and post your results here so i can get a general idea of what your speeds are. :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 jnk1296

jnk1296
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

I did that like twenty minutes ago, so I remember them lol.

Downspeed was 3.15 MBit, Upspeed was .52 MBit (I would just say 52 KBP/s).

EDIT: Also ping was 38ms if that helps. :)

Edited by jnk1296, 31 March 2012 - 04:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users