I have a Dell running Vista 32 Bit machine.
Here is a list of what I have already tried,
1) I opened up Msconfig and changed it to Selective startup. I thought I would attempt to isolate what start up program or process was causing it not to boot. But when I try to reboot in Selective Startup it just automatically reboots and when I open Msconfig in Safe Mode, I notice it automatically changed from Selective startup back to Normal Startup.
2) I have run all the following programs:
CC Cleaner - Both files and registry cleaners
Combofix kept saying AVG was installed even though I ran AVG Remover, rebooted and do not see AVG Anywhere.
I should add Combofix, did run and found 3 infected files including SVCHOST. It then automatically rebooted. But the problems continue.
3) Just in case it might be a memory problem, I ran a memory tester and it said the memory was fine.
4) Booted to a CD and ran bootrec.exe /fixMBR. Still does not boot in Normal Mode. But something different did happen.
Normally when I boot in Normal Mode after I select the user and type in my PW it displays the Welcome screen for 2 seconds and then automatically reboots before the desktop appears. This time after running bootrec.exe /fixMBR the desktop actual came up for about 2 seconds before the system automatically rebooted. I rebooted again in normal mode again and then it did like it previously did and automatically rebooted after the welcome screen.
I was not sure if it was some fluke that the desktop came up or not, so I did the whole process again and again when rebooted in normal mode the Desktop appeared for a second and then rebooted.
5) Ran Chkdsk /r and Chkdsk /f. Still does not boot in Normal Mode
6) Also ran SFC /scannow. Still does not boot in Normal Mode
7) Also restore does not work.
Per the instructions here I ran GMER and DDS and have attached those logs. I had also ran Combofix previously and have attached that log.
Thanks in advance,