Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taskbar Glitch

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drshi

drshi

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

In my taskbar I have several toolbars that contain links to certain categories of applications. For example, one toolbar is "Programs," which contains categorized links to all my programs (e.g. Internet, Maintenance, Multimedia, etc.). Each of these items opens a menu with up to 20 links to all the content in that category. This has worked fine for years; but recently, when I first hover over any category I get a blank submenu window for a while before the items appear; the more items in that category the longer the delay (as much as 15 seconds). After the first time, the submenus open immediately; but if I go away for a while with the system on, when I come back I get the blank-window delay again. (No other apparent problems.)

I've already run an SFC scan to no avail; and I've been trying to use MS Guided Help for weeks, but keep getting "Guided Help can not be downloaded right now. Please try again later."

Other ideas Appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

XP Home, sp3 all updates

Edited by drshi, 31 March 2012 - 03:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Please post the computer hardware model or specs. and number of RAM installed. Typically a growing or large number of data being loaded is the same as in the Start menu - Programs , sub menu function.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users