Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oracle VirtualBox on Win 7

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tpm

tpm

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

Hello again
Not sure just what forum this should be posted.
I have Win 7 and I am trying to put Win 8 on a virtual disc. I am using Oracle VirtualBox and I am able to get Win 8 to start and load butI get as far as putting in the Key code. the next step if I remember correctly is I had 2 choices, Upgrade or Custom. Upgrade didn't work and when choosing Custom I couldn't find the correct boot files to load the system. Any ideas??

th_win8error.jpgth_fileboot.jpg

th_noassigneddriversfound.jpg th_win8customerror.jpg

Thanks

Edited by Al1000, 04 February 2017 - 06:07 PM.
Moved from Windows 8

Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

if this is the consumer preview , it looks like an upgrade disk. you may have to install windows 7 in the virtual machine and then upgrade it to windows 8

#3 tpm

tpm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

I believe its to be a virtual install of Win 8 Preview while having Win 7 installed on the HDD. I had Win 8 installed on another drive via a USB install but was trying the Virtual install. I did put the ISO on a DVD as it wouldn't load on a Virtual machine via USB
Tom

#4 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

I was wrong, it should do new install . but you are not getting that option, as if it is running into a previous install of windows.
have you checked settings in virtual machine as http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-install-windows-8-on-virtualbox/

there are other guides out there as well.

#5 tpm

tpm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

I'll check it out Thanks
Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users