Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Digital Audio (S/PDIF) Making a Digital Sound with Internet Surfing?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 491 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

Hi,

I've recently switched to Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device) using one Toslink cable instead of all the analog wires going from my PC to my receiver.

The digital sound is amazing, CD quality from my PC is great.

However, I now also receive the digitized sound of pages being loaded as I surf the web. All sound comes out digitized when loading a new page.

Is there a way to stop this from happening while listening to music or course material without gong back to analog?

Can I have my digital CD quality and enjoy it too! Posted Image

John
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

I assume you're running Windows. Which one?

I do a lot of audio work on mine, using Windows XP SP 3, and was able to kill the sounds by opening the Control Panel, then Sounds and Audio Devices, and then click on the Sounds tab. For "Sound Scheme" select "No Sounds" and click the "Save As" box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users