Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD Playback Skipping Badly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 draknoir42

draknoir42

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

My Dell Laptop skips badly when playing DVD's in both WMP and VLC. I can however extract the DVD's to my HDD in about the same amount of time (slightly less) than it would take to watch them using DVDecrypt and then watch them that way. What makes this problem even more perplexing is that the computer was playing DVDs fine for the 6 months prior to this, during which time I the laptop was not hooked up to the internet at all, and then it spontaneously stopped working. After replacing the drive, it worked for several days but the playback was very blocky, and then started skipping badly again.

I have tried replacing the DVD drive with a new one, updating VLC, updating the DVD drive Firmware, updating Graphics Card Driver, cleaning the drive, and extensive virus scanning. That I replaced the drive leads me to believe the issue is software related.

My setup:
Dell Inspiron 1520
TSSTCorp CDDVDW TS-L632H
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.66Ghz
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 Memory
Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS w/ 128MB shared memory
Windows XP SP 3

Your help is appreiciated!

Edited by hamluis, 30 March 2012 - 03:54 PM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS w/ 128MB shared memory

Could there be a setting for this one to lowering the allocation? Being that its a new or replaced drive and assuming the discs are scratch free.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users