Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

outlook express 6.0

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 volkcycle

volkcycle

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

I am running windows xp. I recently hooked up to wifi. Now I can not send an email useing my outlook(outlook express 6.0). I do receive email. What did I do?

Outlook error message is:

The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.charter.net', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 35, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 draknoir42

draknoir42

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

try changing the outgoing server settings to smtp.charter.net and the outgoing port to 465 if you are using Secure(SSL). pop.charter.nett is the inbound server name. Additionally, try sending mail with the "Outgoing Mail Server Requires Authentication" both checked and unchecked.

Edited by hamluis, 30 March 2012 - 03:51 PM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

Just...check with Charter on how to set up your email...and follow their instructions exactly.

Louis

#4 volkcycle

volkcycle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

problem is now fixed and ty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users