Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Controller Fuzzy Images

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stanggirl65

stanggirl65

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:34 PM

:thumbsup: Hey all, I have an old school Gateway E-3400. I installed Windows 2000 and just connected it to the Internet. I went to Gateway downloads and downloaded the new driver for the graphics adapter (Rage128 Pro). However, my images look TERRIBLE. They are fuzzy, pixelated, and change color when I post them into a photoshop program. I have adjusted my resolution to no avail. I know that my monitor can support better images than this. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:52 PM

Try downloading from ATI instead of Gateway.

Here's a blurb you could try:
Do a CLEAN install of the video drivers as follows
  • Go to the manufacturers website and download the latest drivers.
  • Download Driver Cleaner PE (2.5MB) from here and place it on your desktop.
  • Uninstall your display drivers via the Windows control panel (only the display drivers!!) then reboot into Safe Mode.
  • Once in safe mode, open Driver Cleaner, click 'Tools' and select 'Cab Cleaner', click 'Start' and wait till it's finished. When finished click 'Close', next select your make of graphics card in the drop down box and click 'Start'.
    Once finished, reboot into normal windows mode.
  • Install your new drivers. DO NOT let Windows do it for you via the wizard, cancel the wizard and double click your driver file that you downloaded.
  • Reboot.
(Adapted from a post by ChiefmasterJedi)

hth :thumbsup:

Edited by Rimmer, 20 February 2006 - 06:54 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users