Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DLCQtime.dll error on Startup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GiveMeTaffy

GiveMeTaffy

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

Hello,

I have recently been getting an error stating that \3\DLCQtime.dll could not be loaded because "the specified module could not be found". I am not sure what this file is or how I can fix this error.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit on my desktop which is about a year old.

Recently I reinstalled my video drivers, removed my sound card, and ran Quicktime repair because of BSOD I was having. I am not sure if any of these could be related, but these seemed to start around the time I removed my sound card. This could have been coincidental.

Also, I have run Malwarebytes, Spybot, and Windows Security Essentials in an attempt to find any suspicious activity which may be causing this.

Let me know if any other information would be helpful or if there is somewhere better to post this.

Thank you!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

Heres a past thread that involved a Dell printer driver...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic203841.html

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 GiveMeTaffy

GiveMeTaffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I had seen stuff about \3\DLCCtime.dll before, but mine says \3\DLCQtime.dll.

I am not sure if there is a difference.

#4 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

My only other idea would be uninstall/install quicktime...

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#5 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

If after following jburd1800's advice above, the error message remains, you could try below.

This assumes that your computer is otherwise running well after the recent removals and reinstallations you mentioned in your original post. The error message could very well be from a registry key that failed to be deleted when the file it pointed to was properly removed.

Download Windows Sysinternals AutoRuns.zip to your Desktop.

• Extract the file and double click autoruns.exe to start the program.
  • Slowly arrow down looking for the "error reference." If you find it, uncheck the entry.
  • By unchecking the entry, it is not deleted. It just won't load with Windows at start-up.
  • The entry may be rechecked if need be or permanently deleted by highlighting it and clicking the red "X" on the top menu.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users