to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum
My name is Oh My!
and I am here to help you!
- First, I would also like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.
- Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.
- Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.
- Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.
- When you post your reply, do not use the button but use the button instead.
- In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.
- If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
- When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.
- I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.
- Now let's get started
Your post does not indicate what type of operating system you have although I notice you have been active in the Windows 7 forum. If you can tell me what version of Windows you have and whether it is a 32 bit or 64 bit system that would be most helpful.
Please describe in detail what happens when you try to boot into Normal Mode (exactly the same as what you find in Safe Mode, blue screen, computer freezes, immediately reboots, etc).
Finally, I would like you to press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and then Windows Logo + R and tell me what happens.
Edited by Oh My, 30 March 2012 - 06:12 PM.
If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message
"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."