Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Bluescreens after Running FixTDSS.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheDragonReborn

TheDragonReborn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

I have Norton 360 v5(or v6). Recently(2 days back) i was informed that i had TDSS and downloaded FixTDSS.exe(rom the Symantec Site), after the restart, i got a bluescreen(page fault in non paged area) which now happens everytime i start Windows(during the Windows loading screen)...only way to actually boot into Windows is to run System Repair(which doesnt do anything but still allows me to login atleast). Also recently i got an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreen as well while playing a game. additionally, now my windows is refreshing constantly(like the kind you get when explorer.exe hangs i.e taskbar,start menu everything refreshes constantly)

The dmp files seem to point to ntoskrnl.dll,stpd.sys and hal.dll

I am attaching the required DDS and GMER logs.

I had to stop the GMER scan about 8 hours in because my C drive is pretty full and it hadnt turned up anything for a long while

Thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheDragonReborn

TheDragonReborn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Im also attaching the dmp files in zip format..just in case

Attached Files

#3 TheDragonReborn

TheDragonReborn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:25 AM

Requesting Moderators to close this topic as i have restored my PC to factory settings

Thanks

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know. I'm sorry we couldn't get to you sooner. Sometimes a reformat and reinstall is the quickest solution.

Since this issue seems to be resolved, this thread will now be closed.

In case you experience any problems with the computer, please start a new topic.

Happy computing,

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users