Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Front Panel Audio not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jnk1296

jnk1296

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hey BC. I've got an incredibly annoying problem that i hope you guys can help me with. Back in December of 2010, I got the computer I'm using now as a Christmas present. When I received it everything worked flawlessly. Then, in May 2011, something screwed up the OS and I had to have the HDD wiped and restored by the people who built the machine. From then on, I've had this problem.

I have an NZXT Tempest EVO case, and on the top front panel there are ports for audio out and microphone in. When I first received the machine, they worked. After the fiasco in May, they didn't. I purchased a headset today, and I need these ports to work so that I may use it, but I can't get them to work!

I've tried changing the plug on my MoBo from AC'97 to HD Audio, and I've enabled onboard audio from BIOS. Neither did anything, so I'm at a standstill on this one. Please help me. Thank you.

EDIT: ... I hate the people who built my machine. Turns out they never installed the audio drivers on my machine. Quick insertion of the MoBo driver disc fixed not only this problem, but another problem I've had for the longest time involving a missing Stereo mix option. Sorry to have wasted anyone's time. * embarrassed* :P

Edited by jnk1296, 29 March 2012 - 05:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ken-B

Ken-B

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:27 AM

* embarrassed*

Don't feel embarrassed - you solved your own problem ...........and it never cost you a penny.
Well done :thumbup2:

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

Sometimes the easiest, simplest solutions fix most problems. Your post might come in handy to other users facing the same problem. :)
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users