Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mcafee Firewall wont stay on, think I have a virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 amedcalf

amedcalf

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

Hi,

Everytime I start my computer Mcafee displays a message stating that my computer is at risk.

I open mcafee and the firewall is turned off. I try turning it on but a couple of seconds later it turns itself off.

A few days ago it did detect and supposidly remove a Trojan.

I am running windows 7.

I have used SuperAnti Spyware but this didnt find anything.

I have also used TDSSKiller but this shows nothing.

I have also used Malwarebytes and this found nothing.

I did go through the qurantine items in Mcafee and found a file called consirv.dll, I have since deleted all quarantined items in all programs I use.

Almost forgot that I also used ESAT online scanner as well but this also found nothing.

It does seem as though i have a virus of some sort. I don't really want to be using my computer without a firewall.

Any help would be reallt appreciated.

Kind Regards

Allan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 amedcalf

amedcalf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

Please close this thread as posted in incorrect place.

Thanks

Allan

#3 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

Per request this topic will be closed.

Thanks for letting us know.

Warmest Regards,
ST.

Have I helped you? If you'd like to assist in the fight against malware, click here Posted Image

The instructions seen in this post have been specifically tailored to this user and the issues they are experiencing with their computer. If you think you have a similar problem, please first read this topic, and then begin your own, new thread. I do not offer private support via Private Message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users