Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet ceases to work until PC is rebooted

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FrackinToaster

FrackinToaster

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

I’ll try to be succinct here, while including as many details as possible.

The issue I’m having began about a year ago. Usually, my internet works without any problems. However, approximately once a week, when I attempt to open an internet link in a new tab or window, it opens as a completely blank page (eg. It says “New Tab” and that’s it). All subsequent attempts after the first one produce the same result. I can still open programs local to my computer, navigate through folders, etc.

If I choose a link from my favourites, it attempts to connect to the url for 30-45s, then gives a message that a connection can’t be made. The control panel detects no issues with my network, nor does the tray icon indicate that anything is wrong or disconnected. Another PC in the house, also on the same network, can continue to browse while mine is experiencing the issue. My PS3 and cell phones are also able to connect without any problems.

I usually reboot my PC at this point, which “solves” the problem until it happens again in 5-7 days. If I leave it alone, my PC invariably reboots by itself. In either case, it will almost always produce a minidump file (all of which I have saved) after rebooting, along with the “system has recovered from a serious error” message.

A possibly-related issue is that, on occasion, I’ll also receive the “insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service” error message when trying to log in to Windows, preventing me from going any further. A reboot also fixes this issue, until it reappears.

I had accumulated a fair amount of stray files/folders when these issues first started occurring, so I did complete re-install of Windows late last year. This didn’t fix the problems, which leads me to believe that it must be something hardware-related.

I built this PC myself in late 2008, but I upgraded the GPU a few months ago.

Here is my system info:

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8400
Mobo: Gigabyte EP45 DS3L
HDD: 2xWestern Digital 500GB
GPU: XFX Radeon 6870 1GB
RAM: 4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin DDR2
PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650w
AV: AVG Free and Malwarebytes
Router: DIR-655

I'd be very grateful for any assistance with these problems, and I'd be happy to post the minidump files if they would help (and if someone can let me know how best to present them).

Much thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hi, please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .

Louis

#3 FrackinToaster

FrackinToaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Thanks for the reply!

Here ye be:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/u1aENskRoMkM6hWbXrqdoW1