Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 64 bit Startup programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Acer17

Acer17

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

Start>msconfig
Which startup programs are vital, and which aren't at startup? I'm trying to optimize the flow
of the system, and from what I've been told, not all programs are necessary, for
safe and efficient, pc performance.

My system configuration STARTUP tab reads:
Launch Manager
Mywinlocker
Registry Monitor
HD Audio Control Panel
Search Protection
Catalyst control center (Which is fairly annoying I must add with the pop ups at startup)
Super Antispyware
Synaptics pointing device driver
Vprotect application
Ysearchprotection

Please note that I have more startup programs, however they are programs like:
OoVoo, Skype, Acer arcade...Entertainment programs, and programs I can do
without an initial startup. The ones I did list, I'm not completely sure if they
are vital programs, I couldn't afford to do without an initial startup. In a nutshell, of the programs listed,
which are strongly reccommended to be enabled for startup?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

IMO, SAS is the only program you listed that merits being run at boot.

If this is a laptop and you use the touchpad...then the Synaptics driver should be allowed to install.

FWIW: Starting any of the other programs you listed/mentioned...only results in resources being used that the corresponding programs associated with...will automatically initiate...there is no advantage in running anything you mentioned (other than the two possibilities I already touched on) from boot.

VProtect is part of AVG, http://pcpitstop.com/betapit/tips/swdetail2.asp?swid=939868814&conid=24822270&report=Software .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users