Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Connecting to Websites etc.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Salduchi

Salduchi

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Hey guys. Not sure where to start. This problem poped up just recently. Only thing new to me is I have an iPdad and an Apple TV.

So when I try to log onto anything, it just takes 10 seconds or more. Clicking onto this Web Browsing subsection must have took 5 attempts atleast. Clicking onto my hotmail takes like 20 seconds to finally get in. Clicking onto any thread, any link, pretty much anything, is now a Major chore.

So I called the cable company and checked my connection, I am getting an average of 16mbps and .86mbps No problem there. They said it may be a browser issue so I reset that. It worked better for like a half hour then back to the same slow slow slow connecting. Also any of my devices using the WiFi now also suffer from the same slowness problem such as my iPad and my iPhone.

I dunno guys I suck at computers and was wondering if any of you could shed any light on my sad dilema?

Any and all assistance is always appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Is it all websites or just a few?

#3 Salduchi

Salduchi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

All websites.

So I got a bright idea. I thought I'd call Apple TV support since it's still under the 90 day warranty. The only thing new in my system and my troubles happened after I installed the new Apple TV HD.

I'll post what he did so maybe this can help others.

So I got lucky and got the head of tech support who liasons with the apple engineers. He started at the beginning and went through everything.

1-Reset Modem

2-Reset Browser

3-We checked connection speed by going to speedtest.net (that was fine)

4-He checked my iphone and my ipad to make sure that Apple Tv was not check marked. (double tap the home button, at the bottom and a screen opens on both devices, flick the screen to the right and you will see the Airplay icon. Click the Airplay icon and and make sure Apple TV is not checked)

5-He checked the Apple TV Settings as well as the iphone/ipad settings and they were all fine.

6-We unplugged the Apple TV and re-checked for improved connectivity and speed, their was no improvement.

7-We finally un-plugged the Router for 30 seconds and re-connected.

Everything then went back to normal. I'm back to full speed. He surmised that the Apple TV caused a command/order glitch in my router and my router was unable to properly prioratize the signal to my devices. I use a Linksys WRTP54G wireless router and it does not have any software upgrades as he checked for me. (He also logged onto my computer remotely and checked my router settings)

Edited by Salduchi, 28 March 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Good job, and glad for the resolution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users