Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

disabling run dialogue box

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 voldy

voldy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

i want to disable run dialogue box through batch file,i hd tried using batch file for disable run dialogue box,but it requires reboot to take effect which i dont want..
//
•Locate the location in the registry to place the data – In the left Tree-view window navigate to “HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorer” if any of the keys (directories) are missing create it. If they are all there skip to step 4.
•How to create a key – if for example “Policies” is missing, right click “current version” and select new key.
•Right-click “Explorer” and select new DWORD value.
•Rename the value to “norun”.
•Double click the value and type 1 for the value data.
•Close the registry and restart your computer.
//

pls suggest me batch code to do dis operation..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hello -
I posted this method only because you seem to know what you are doing. See what you think -

How to disable the 'Run' Dialog Box - Here is one idea that should work, but it involves disable via registry not batch file -

NOTE - This involves altering your Registry information, so always set System Restore points and always back up all important data -

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users