Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greets from a newbie

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carolinaexile

carolinaexile

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Greetings to all. Since this IS the place to intro oneself, (I hope) all know that I'm a newly registered member.I found this site via the MS Answer pages. I haven't really received much help there;I think the site is geared toward users who are more computer literate than I. I was dragged into the computer age-unwillingly at first-Unlike the younger generations, I did not grow up with the technology-hence, my reluctance to embrace all it offered..We'd had computers in the house for years-the rest of my crowd used a computer the way I (used to) use a telephone.At any rate, much to the surprise and delight of all my friends and family,I finally touched the machine-2 years ago-and, Lo and Behold! it neither attacked me nor did I "break" it-much to my immense relief! Yes, I was terrified of such an occurrence.Especially since I never learned to type, but that's another story.. I'm a 1-finger poker.
So. I learned to email. I learned how to navigate enough in order to buy stuff-Oh, what joy! However,that's about the extent of my knowledge.Still trying to learn how to use all the extras the program offers.
After finding and then perusing this site-and the topics listed, I'm sorta confident that I may be able to educate myself about the basic tenets of the use,care,and feeding of the intricacies of this world. I am particularly interested in learning how to protect all the information I have been happily- and probably recklessly- putting out there in cyberspace for all to share...
After writing all this introductory info,I look forward to "meeting and talking" with others. I'm certain most who post here are much more proficient than I.Any and all information,suggestions,and help others can offer will be greatly and humbly appreciated.I apologise in advance for any mistakes I make-I will do my best to post in the correct forums;I've already had a "look-see" at the glossary of terminology.
Here I go- Thank you all for allowing-and inviting-folks such as myself to enter your world.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users