No, it still spikes. I'm at my wits end here.
Some of it I figured could be related to firefox so I created a new user profile and disabled the plugin container (since it eats a ton of CPU). It's better. However, getting that under control, let's say I were to go watch a youtube video that lasts more than a couple of minutes. About midway, things start to get a little sluggish and my audio get choppy. I look in my task manager and the process that is eating all the CPU (remember, firefox plugin container is no longer there), is relating to audio. After I close out of the video, after a few moments, things go back to normal.
I did as instructed here
, however it seems to have not made a difference. I've checked my drivers and they all say up to date.
I found a hotfix for an issue relating to audiodg.exe from microsoft, but I wasn't sure if I should try it. It's located here
. My physical memory is never an issue and hardly goes over 40%. It's my CPU that is driving me up the wall.
Edited by Lorreign, 19 April 2012 - 12:17 PM.