Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2010 download?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 heath-mcintire

heath-mcintire

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hello, I am headed off to college next and am buying a new laptop. I can, through my school by a downloadable copy of Office 2010 Professional Plus for less then $20! They also offer a backup disk, I wanted to know if that is something I should get and frankly what it is?! Thank you in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheForgottenGod

TheForgottenGod

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Hello, I am headed off to college next and am buying a new laptop. I can, through my school by a downloadable copy of Office 2010 Professional Plus for less then $20!

always nice to pay less then original price for Microsoft office 2010, my college give it out for free to students.

They also offer a backup disk, I wanted to know if that is something I should get and frankly what it is?! Thank you in advance

can you give a quote of what they offer, like what they say about the backup disk? Just hearing backup disk can be many types of backup software.

#3 heath-mcintire

heath-mcintire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:29 AM

can you give a quote of what they offer, like what they say about the backup disk? Just hearing backup disk can be many types of backup software.

TITLE - Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010- Backup Disk ONLY
Description - This is the disk only. You MUST have purchased the Electronic Download version of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 already in order to purchase this backup disk.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

I can, through my school by a downloadable copy of Office 2010 Professional Plus for less then $20! They also offer a backup disk, I wanted to know if that is something I should get and frankly what it is?!

What it is: An installation disk with the Office 2010 program on it. If you get a new computer, reinstall the operating system, have to reinstall Office if the program somehow gets corrupted or replace the hard drive you would be able to use the disk to install Office instead of having to download to reinstall.

Whether to purchase the back up disk is up to you.

#5 TheForgottenGod

TheForgottenGod

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

I can, through my school by a downloadable copy of Office 2010 Professional Plus for less then $20! They also offer a backup disk, I wanted to know if that is something I should get and frankly what it is?!

What it is: An installation disk with the Office 2010 program on it. If you get a new computer, reinstall the operating system, have to reinstall Office if the program somehow gets corrupted or replace the hard drive you would be able to use the disk to install Office instead of having to download to reinstall.

Whether to purchase the back up disk is up to you.

Ya pretty much somes it up. Just a backup for Microsoft office 2010. Which I would get just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users