I have a printer and several external drives connected to my computer's USB ports, so I tried unplugging everything but the keyboard and mouse. The time goes down to about 5 seconds, however, the last few times I've tried, there was about a 10 second wait for the mouse to work after the keyboard worked. With only the mouse and keyboard plugged in, I feel this must be either 1) an issue with drivers loading or 2) a specific issue with my USB drivers.
Here's what I've done so far to try and troubleshoot. Not sure what to do next.
- Used google (couldn't find anything that looked related enough to try)
- Unplugged everything but keyboard and mouse from USB ports - Decreased lag time to 5-15 seconds
- enabled boot logging, checked file for drivers not loading (attached)
- Checked bios for legacy USB enabled (it was)
- Double checked AV software (only MS Security Essentials and Malwarebytes installed, malwarebytes does not run any processes unless I start it up)
Having multiple USB devices plugged in upon boot should not delay the usability of my keyboard and mouse. There must be some reasonable explanation.
System Specs in signature
Edited by Andrew Fiedler, 27 March 2012 - 07:39 PM.