Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help to fix continuously "Acquiring Network Adress"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rfa2068

rfa2068

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

My desktop pc (Windows XP) caught the "google rediredt virus". I downloaded a program called TDSSKiller to remove the virus. I ran the program which successfully removed the virus then I restarted my computer. After running this program and rebooting, I lost my connection. My connection was now "acquiring network address" continuously but cannot acquire a new address. I went to command prompt to flush dns and release and renew ip address but it didn't work.

Here is my ipconfig at command prompt

Ethernet adapter Local Area conncetion:

Connection-specific DNS suffix . : gateway.2wire.net
IP Address . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .: fe80::211:9ff:fe43:bde2x6
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Connection-specific DNS suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::ffff:ffff:fffdx4
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :

After typing "ipconfig /release

"IP Address for Local Area Connection has already been released"

After typing "ipconfig /renew

"An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection: The RPC server is unavailable.

I can't go on the internet. How can I get my connection back? This is an area I have no knowledge in or capable of figuring out how to fix. Can someone help me please?

Edited by rfa2068, 28 March 2012 - 01:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

Go into the start menu and go to the run command and type services.msc click the Standard tab (at bottom of screen) double-click on Remote Procedure Call Change the Startup Type to Automatic > Click Start under Service Status > click OK > confirm that the "Status" for Remote Procedure Call now displays Started. If the server fails to start click on the dependency tab and make sure the dependant services are started.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users