Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Dell for College

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 heath-mcintire

heath-mcintire

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hello! I am headed to college next year and I am looking for a new laptop. I like Dell and their service so i started asking around and was directed to Dell Outlet. I found a Dell E6420 that I like it has a i5 2.4ghz 3M cache 4gb ram and a 500gb hot plug 7200 rpm hard drive. Which since I will not be doing any gameing, just a little photo editing and watching a movie here and there should be more than enough power/space. Also it does says "NO INTEL VPRO TECHNOLOGY ADV MGMT FEATURES" is that a big deal? It also has a Intel 6300 Wireless-N (2x2) Half Mini-Card which I assume is an upgraded antennae right? What I am concerned about is buying a year old laptop top, price is an issue and I think that for the quality -metal, water resistant keyboard- this is a good deal (i hope). Well it being a year really affect it, or be outdated fast? Thanks for your help in this stressful time =/!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

This laptop ought to be a good fit for schoolwork/movies/light photo editing. The Intel vPro management feature is useful for businesses with a centralized IT department who need to administer computers which may be physically very far away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users