Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB cable connectıon

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gülay

gülay

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

Hello,

After hard disk formatting and reinstallation Windows XP Home Edition SP 3, all my attempts to install and connect HP printer and Logitech Quickcam failed.
Could you please help me in solving this problem ?
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

After installing the OS did you install all drivers starting with the chipset driver? Open device manager - any yellow or red symbols?

#3 gülay

gülay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

Hi Allan,

Sorry, I forgot to add info that I installed all necessary drivers from original vendor's CDs, and checked the relavant drivers again. No yellow or red marks on device manager. Tried couple times HP & Logitech installation trouble shooting instructions. But, I'm still thinking the problem is withe USB or relevant drivers. Because, during the setup when "CONNECT DEVICE TO COMPUTER" was instructed (I do) but no "NEW DEVICE FOUND" balloon appears on the screen and the setup stalls. I'm looking forward to your advices.
Regards.

#4 Johneeo

Johneeo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

Have you tried turning off the computer, removing the power plug/battery? After that, press your start up bottom with the power still unplugged.

Then plug back in, and give it a shot.

#5 gülay

gülay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Hi Johneeo,
It didn't work but I solved the problem by uninstalling "Universal Serial Bus COntroller" reinstalling it.
Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users