Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System unit running while monitor shows nothing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dantzeil

Dantzeil

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hi guys. I was playing fifa 12 when suddenly my computer hanged with a white background with some vertical lines. I tried to restart the computer but then it wouldnt turn on. There is sound coming from the system unit but the monitor has nothing at all. Its been 5 days.

I've scoured google for solutions. I've tried shifting the ram sticks around but its not working. Reseating GPU, ram sticks and resetting the cmos with the jumper and all does nothing. Im thinking that the gpu is busted? I hope you guys can give me some good feedback as this is a recurring issue i really want to solve once and for all.

Video card: MSI R5770 HAWK
PSU: Andyson F500M
Mobo: MSI 770 G45
No access to any other system or spare parts/vga cable so I am unable to test out components individually.

Is there anything I can do by myself to determine the problem? Or is my only option left is to send it to a shop?
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

You could usually isolate the problem first if it is only recurring on playing games and monitor hardware temps.. Without any available parts such as a video card or onboard video for the mobo to test, its better to have a repair shop diagnose the problem instead.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users