Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Office 2010

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 scubatony

scubatony

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:36 AM

Hi There

I have just uninstalled Office 2010, when I thought it was Project Professional 2007.

I have the 2010 DVD but it will not re-install,either via start-run or add remove etc.

In my desperation I have tried "system restore" .

In case somebody asks does my drive work etc

Yes I can explore a dvd in the drive. ( D: )

I inserted a Nokia software disc, something that I new I could safely delete if it did decide to go on auto-run or extract itself etc etc.

First before inserting the disc I opened Windows Explorer, then clicked on C:, this showed my various drives below C: etc.

When I was happy I then inserted the disc, I heard it run up and at the same time I noticed the tree expand to now include the title of the disc.

One click on D: not only gave me the contents of the disc in the right hand pane but gave me the contents in the tree below D:

Can somebody please provide me with a link that will help me restore Office 2010 or give a fix that will allow me to run my DVD.

Yes I know what you are ALL saying what a "silly billy" or words to that effect, but I am sat here tearing my hair out, what little there is ! ! ! ! !

Yours frustrated

Tony

Edited by scubatony, 27 March 2012 - 04:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

I have the 2010 DVD but it will not re-install,either via start-run or add remove etc.
In my desperation I have tried "system restore"

Chances are that "System Restore" will be useless, and you will need to follow the Windows Explorer trail to remove all parts of the program

You might try Free Revo Uninstaller to remove the already installed version
Then next try to do the Office 2010 install from fresh

Regards -

#3 scubatony

scubatony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:12 AM

In my desperation I have tried "system restore"

Chances are that "System Restore" will be useless, and you will need to follow the Windows Explorer trail to remove all parts of the program

You might try Free Revo Uninstaller to remove the already installed version
Then next try to do the Office 2010 install from fresh

Regards -

Hi There

I am already using Revo, I was using that when I tried to uninstall "Project Professional 2007" [ see above ]

I think the thing is my computer still thinks that Office 2010 is still there but it is not and as it is a one user licence registered at Microsoft I am stuck between a rock and a hard place

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

Can you post a screenshot from Revo?

Are you saying that you have install disks for both Project Professional 2007...and MS Office 2010?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users