Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access some Microsoft related websites and servers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 teross

teross

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

No idea what I have if anything, but I'm unable to access some specific websites which for all intents and purposes prevent me from using Windows Live Messenger, and Mail, as well as accessing quite a few different Microsoft sites. I cannot, for example get to login.live.com, or windows.microsoft.com anymore. A lot of people with similar problems were unable to use Windows Update, which I seem to be able to. Windows Live Mail though cannot receive mail from my hotmail account, and I can't log into Windows Live Messenger. This is on Windows 7.

I got some kind of virus earlier - carelessly browsing the web with lacking protection to be frank - and so used MalwareBytes which found the/some of the infections - trojans mostly. It seemed the problem had gone until various Microsoft related services stopped working properly. I've run various anti virus/malware/spyware programs (AVG, Spybot S&D, Malware Bytes, Hitman Pro) to no avail. They don't find any infections.

So I've run out of ideas, and hence I'm here. Much thanks in advance -- how I shall I proceed?

Edited by teross, 27 March 2012 - 12:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

Press Windows+R key and type

services.msc
and click ok

right click on dns client service and stop it

Are you able to browse microsoft websites now?

Edited by narenxp, 27 March 2012 - 01:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users