Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel Pro Wireless 500 Lan PCI Adapter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tbw

tbw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:50 PM

I have an Intel Pro Wireless 5000 Lan Pci Adapter; Intel no longer supports this card (and absolutely will NOT). I have recently reformatted my second drive and moved everything over to this drive due to severe problems. All is now well. The card and wireless connection worked fine not too long ago. I cannot set this card up. I have tried every microsoft and intel install, new driver, wizard, remove (card and software) and reinstall and all for naught. I think it might be best to buy a new card that is xp and sp2 (have tried with sp2 both in and out) compatible and start over.
Any thoughts, comments or advice would be appreciated.
Thank you
TBW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 08 November 2004 - 02:14 PM

Yeah,

I've a family member ran into the same problem with same system. They choose to leave Intel forever!

Their replacement choice was a "CNWL-311" and it's served them well for six + months.

Various product info here within their line:

Product line

regards
~Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users