Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Screen Is Dim

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 user123456

user123456

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:30 AM

I have a laptop running windows xp home. The problem i have is that the switch that dims it when you close the lid is either loose or doesnt work correctly. The screen will be open and it will go dim, if i hit that little button with a pen it will come back on for a little bit. I was just wondering if there was a way to disable the laptop to dim when you close the laptop so it wont do this anymore. any help would be great. thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:37 AM

My laptop screen goes dim when I unplug the ac adapter, so it can suck as much juice out as possible from the battery. You may need to adjust the power settings on your laptop. I need to know what brand; maybe I can help you. What type of laptop do you have? I have a Toshiba, so your laptop may work differently.

BTW - be careful when you create a new topic; you accidentally double-posted :thumbsup:

#3 user123456

user123456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:39 AM

i have it so it wont dim when i unplug the ac adapter. i can get it to stay on but it goes off every once in awhile.

#4 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:45 AM

Does it stay off after no activity on you part for a while? Or does it randomly go off? If it is the former, you can go into Control Panel in the start menu (assuming you have Windows) and fix the power settings. Once again, what type of laptop do you have? (Toshiba, HP, Dell, etc.) If it randomly goes off, then it may be a connection problem, and I can't help you there.

#5 user123456

user123456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:10 PM

It goes dim just like it would if you closed the screen, the little push button that it hits to trigger it to go dim is either loose or soemthing. it thinks that the lid is getting closed but it actually isnt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users