Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with tr/sirefef.bv.2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hunter1984

Hunter1984

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

Yesterday Avira reported tr/sirefef.bv.2 infection always found in Windows/Sistem32. Couldnt remove it and it slowed computer big time. With what tools would I get rid of it? Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Hunter1984, 26 March 2012 - 04:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RPMcMurphy

RPMcMurphy

Bleeping *^#@%~

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,970 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hello and welcome. Please follow these guidelines while we work on your PC:
  • Malware removal is a sometimes lengthy and tedious process. Please stick with the thread until Iíve given you the ďAll clear.Ē Absence of symptoms does not mean your machine is clean!
  • Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications without being directed to do so.
  • Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within five days this thread will be closed.
Posted Image Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:
    %systemroot%\*. /rp /s
    netsvcs
  • Click the Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and paste them into your next post.
Posted Image Download aswMBR.exe to your desktop.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it
  • You will be asked if you want to use Avast! Free anti virus for scanning - select No
  • Click the "Scan" button to start scan
  • On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.
Please include the following in your next post:
  • OTL.txt and Extras.txt logs
  • aswMBR log

Threads are closed after 5 days of inactivity.

ASAP & UNITE Member

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 RPMcMurphy

RPMcMurphy

Bleeping *^#@%~

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,970 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

ASAP & UNITE Member

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may btn_donate_SM.gif

#4 RPMcMurphy

RPMcMurphy

Bleeping *^#@%~

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,970 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

This topic has been re-opened at the request of the person who originally posted.

ASAP & UNITE Member

#5 Hunter1984

Hunter1984
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

I was inpatient so I reinstalled windows since I dident know how to deal with infection. Sorry for inconvenience of reopening topic. Lock.

#6 RPMcMurphy

RPMcMurphy

Bleeping *^#@%~

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,970 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

OK, thanks for letting me know.

ASAP & UNITE Member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users