Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 won't boot, or recover

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wrinklytech

wrinklytech

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:42 AM

Good morning from a very warm and sunny Devon, UK!:)

A friend of mine is having a problem with his Acer Aspire laptop.

Windows 7 will not boot, he has tried the Recovery discs to no avail - gets so far then nothing :/

He has also been using Komodo software to assist boot up, but I'm not familiar with that so am not sure if it is relevant or not.

Trouble is, he doesn't have a Windows 7 installation disc so can't even boot from cd/dvd.

I'm waiting to hear from him re:error code

Any ideas out there please? Thank you!

Happy Daze

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,632 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

You need to provide a LOT more information (such as, EXACTLY what happens when he tries to boot, what is new or different since the last time everything worked properly [ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc], what does the software (Komodo) he is using do, does the system have a recovery partition), etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users