Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Errors and 0x6aaafa08

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ToriRune

ToriRune

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:15 AM

within the last few days my computer has been acting strange. Its been slowing down, the login screen freezes. My browser stops responding and gets Error 0x6aaafa08 then crashes. Random, Windows Installer, windows keeps poping up that do nothing, and some windows configuring ones to. My programs are having trouble working. Does anyone know whats going on here? I have tried everything I know to resolve these problems but nothing works.
Attached File  Untitled.png   8.77KB   7 downloads

Edited by hamluis, 26 March 2012 - 04:54 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) Have you run full scans with both your installed AV and with MalwareBytes? If not, please do so.

#3 ToriRune

ToriRune
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) Have you run full scans with both your installed AV and with MalwareBytes? If not, please do so.

New? every few seconds a windows installer window pops up and tries to install something and it doesn't tell me what.
I also had to re-install activeX because something, im guessing a virus, deleted it. At windows login screen, when i click one of the accounts to login to, the screen freezes and does it again when i restart the computer. My Internet browser has been freezing followed by it crashing a lot. I can barely get to bleepingcomputers without it crashing on me. Windows Security Center is off to, it won't turn on and I checked, It Is missing from Services. The Firewall went out with it, but I was able to bring the Firewall back up.

I have run full scans using everything I have.

SUPERAntiSpyware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
SpeedMaxPc
Microsoft Security Essentials

Is there anyway you could help me?
Attached File  Untitled.png   49.82KB   2 downloads

Edited by ToriRune, 26 March 2012 - 06:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users