Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Connect to my router

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pn12

pn12

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

I have a Cisco Linksys Router WRT54G2. We run three laptops and the Wii off of it. Periodically, it will decide that the WII really shouldn't be connected and will kick it off the network. I try to go into the router settings so I can get the security key and reconnect the WII. At that point, the router refuses to recognize the address (192.168.1.1.). The browser will just cycle for a long time and then the connection will time out. I've checked and my default gateway is, in fact, 192.168.1.1. How do I get into it so I can adjust my settings? Also, why does my Wii hate me?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

When you are trying to log into the router, After it experiences a problem are you logging in Via wireless or a Lan (ethernet) connection? Either way you can gain access to the router by directly connecting a PC to the router (if its not already) turning off all pc's and reboot the router (unplug it and wait for aprox 1 min) restart the pc you are using and try loggin If the WII is being booted off the network why do you need to re-enter the wireless encryption key is the WII forgetting it? When you installed the router for the first time did you use the setup disc that came with it? Are the wireless security types the same??

Edited by Sneakycyber, 25 March 2012 - 11:01 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users