Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Etrust Ez Antivirus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xxx1

xxx1

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:55 AM

hello, i would really like to try etrust ez antivirus 1yr free trial version on my pc but it wont install, instead i get this warning -
(the contents of this file cannot be unpacked. the executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. please obtain another copy of the file, to verify its integrity, and try again)... dowloaded using firefox. tryed again same result.

so i switched too ie - same result as with ff but this warning said - (c:\documents and settings\user\my documents\firefox downloads\av71_en.exe is not a valid win 32 application).

i know that i have no viruses/spyware etc on my pc. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

so heres my thankyou in advance :thumbsup: :flowers:

cheers...xxx1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:10 AM

Instead of a trial version why don't you install one of the freeware antivirus'...

Antivirus (Run only one.)
AVG Free Edition Antivirus (I personally use)
Avast Home Edition Antivirus Freeware
AntiVir Personal Edition Classic Freeware
BitDefender 8 Free Edition

If you wait a little while I am sure more members can get you similar advise.

Good luck.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 xxx1

xxx1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:03 AM

hi acklan.

thanks for your reply, i have previously used nortons and found it to be a resource hog, and personally avg free is one of my favourites but now i would really like to try the trial version of etrust ez antivirus. now i need to know if there is a way around the installation problem that im having at the moment.
finding a solution to the problem is in my head more than anything now :thumbsup:

am i to curious?...hate not knowing, just love learning i guess!!!.

hope its not a case of (curiosity killed the cat).

cheers...xxx1

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:53 PM

Try downloading it from another site or a different mirror.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 xxx1

xxx1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:49 PM

hi guys,

hi guys thanks for all your advice & help... :thumbsup:
i finally got the download and installation of etrust ez antivirus ALL SORTED OUT.
after trying the different suggestions to no avail it helped me narrow down the problem, here's what i did if it's of any use to anyone who might ever have the same problem as me!!! with a download. just a (suggestion)...

i had some cookies that i had manually edited and blocked in FF cookies exceptions tab (doubleclick etc) i just removed them from ff exceptions.
tried the download and installation again...then all was good!!!! :flowers:
i also had some of the same cookies blocked in IE along with the ie-spyad block list.

the last thing i done was PUT ALL THE COOKIES THAT I REMOVED BACK (peace of mind & security) and everytings running fine. once again THANKYOU for all your HELP.

cheer...xxx1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users