Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Support Center has quit working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 slashjns

slashjns

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

I have a new Dell Laptop and I keep getting an error stating Dell Support Center has quit working. I have a Inspirion N7110. Also should I run Windows Defender along with McAfee?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,725 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

From my personal experience there is no value to Dell Support Center and you can safely stop it from running.
Likewise Windows Defender is more or less worthless.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 slashjns

slashjns
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

Which Anti Virus, anti spyware, anti malware software do you recommend? My subscription is about to run out with McAfee and I am leaning towards NOD. Thank you for your help with Dell Support error...the program never opened and I agree - their phone support is terrible. They mis lead you, they are rude, I could go on and on. My husbands new Dell picked up a virus which hid all his files, and lowered the firewall. This was Jan. 2012. I called, Dell, they ran www.bleeping computer and installed Super Anti Spyware, Free !!! Now the computer is infected again, same thing, except McAfee Firewall will not stay on,...He has been running McAfee and Super Anti Spyware scans all the time. Any help is appreciated.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,725 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

You have to realize that there is no perfect security program.
It's mostly about your computing habits.
If those are not safe no program will protect you.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users