Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.Zeroacces.B (Startup Repair Loop)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Frazer Dyson

Frazer Dyson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hello i am new to this site, and came here because i am in need of help.
I have an HP Pavilion DV6 laptop
i5 core
windows 7
norton 360

about a few weeks ago, i encountered a problem: I run my usual Norton scans, and it comes up with 3 viruses, 2 of them it delt with, but the third it said ""get help*"". so i clicked get help, and i went to the Norton site. it lead me through a few fixes, first i updated, then downloaded Norton Power Eraser. i ran it, and it sait: ""in order to do a rootkit scan you must restart your computer"". so i clicked the program's "restart and scan" button and it proceeded to close running applications, and shut-down. it then showed the usual HP loading screen and then the "Starting Windows" screen. after a few seconds, when it should have gone to the LOGIN screen, it came up with a low resolution ( I should think 600x800 )windows blue screen with sun rays coming down. it came up with a message box that had STARTUP REPAIR for a title and then had a smaller popup that said: windows could not start, startup repair is searching for problems. if it finds problems it will fix them automatically, blah,blah,blah. it ran and ran and ran, and said that it couldnt find any errors. so i shut it off, and rebooted, while repeatedly presssing f8, to go into safe mode. i selected "safe mode" and quickly stuck all my files and music and pictures on a usb. as you can see, i am in a viscious circle, i cannot restart to let norton update, norton brings up errors like this:

Error: 8504, 101
Windows 7 Home Premium
7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Norton Autofix Results: 3 item(s)
Internet Connectivity - Host File Cleanup :: Failed
Installation :: Failed
Product Service Dependency :: Failed

And i cannot open norton 360 sometimes, and i cannot get rid of this Trojan.Zeroacces.B, it has infected the consrv.dll file, and i cannot delete it, as Norton advises. PLEASE HELP, I AM IN NEED OF URGENT ADVICE

PS
I have logs if you want them, and i am relatively computer savvy.

Thankyou in adance for any help,

fdyson

Edited by hamluis, 25 March 2012 - 11:12 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

You're infected by zero access rootkit.

Read the guide here on preparing logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html