Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Optical Mouse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DreadTech

DreadTech

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

Hello I Have A Microsoft Optical Mouse Model 2000 But I can only use it on my TV stand any other surface i try it on it doesn't work. I have tried different mouse pads different surfaces and no luck. Any tips or ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hi, Sorry to say it sounds like time for a new mouse. If the two ports on the bottom are clean and not clogged with dust or something. If you look carefully you can see the Laser (Red light usually) and opposite from it is the pickup that reads back the reflected laser beam.
They do need to be clean.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 fredricmark

fredricmark

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:41 AM

Let me know that does anything happen when the mouse is moved? Is the mouse four years old or older? If so, its better to contact Tech Support. They can determine whether a new mouse is needed.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 31 March 2012 - 10:00 AM.
removed business link.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

Hi, Waste of money paying for tech support on a mouse. They are so cheap.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users