Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

samsung 830 64gb ssd

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eurokings05

eurokings05

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hi guys just finished a new build yesterday and upon powering it up bios wont detect my ssd,
i have tried different cables and sata ports on motherboard to no avail , any help would be much
appreciated before i mail it back again and get a new one.

system build
GIGABYTE A75M-D2H motherboard
AMD A6-3500 apu
Samsung 830 64gb ssd
Asus blu ray drive
Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 ddr3 ram

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

I mostly use Intel SSDs but I have used two Samsung SSDs also. In every case there was nothing special to do beyond setting the bios to ahci and that had nothing to do with detecting the drives.

As long as you have a power cable and a data cable hooked to the drive it should be detected.

One thing to do. Bring the BluRay drive to the power and data connectors and be sure it is detected. Power down and switch in the SSD. If not detected then, RMA (Return) time.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 26 March 2012 - 02:16 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users