Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After care

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 duffsparky

duffsparky

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

There seem to be loads of free malware scanners most with differring abilities to detect and cure(?)but no one scanner is capable of finding and curing all. It would be nice to have the ability to utilise all or as many of these scanners as one wished without the need to find, download and run them one at a time. A few years ago I used a program (can't remember it's name) that did just that, it combined several scanners together and ran them one after the other. I eventually stopped using it because the number of bundled scanners became fewer and fewer; I guess the participant companies withdrew(?) their consent for use of their product.

Does anyone know of a similar program, one that draws various scanners together and runs them sequentially and or know how this can be done.

Cheers.

Edited by duffsparky, 25 March 2012 - 08:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

You most likely used an older version of Hitman Pro (version 1 or 2) before they changed to the cloud system. The older version automatically downloaded, installed and ran several third party anti-spyware and anti-adware programs. At that time there were questions and concerns about the vendor using some of the noted security programs without the authors consent or permission which probably prompted them to make the change to cloud scanning.

This link provides a write-up on the cloud system used by Hitman Pro 3. This link also makes note of the cloud system and says Hitman Pro 3 uses NOD32 Antivirus, Avira AntiVir, Prevx, G DATA Anti-Virus and a-squared Anti-Malware to detect malicious software. However, the newest version of Hitman Pro, version 3, uses Dr Web, Emsisoft Anti-Malware, G Data AntiVirus and IKARUS.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 duffsparky

duffsparky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

You most likely used an older version of Hitman Pro (version 1 or 2)

Yep that was it, seemed quite good at the time???

This link provides a write-up on the cloud system used by Hitman Pro 3. This link also makes note of the cloud system and says Hitman Pro 3 uses NOD32 Antivirus, Avira AntiVir, Prevx, G DATA Anti-Virus and a-squared Anti-Malware to detect malicious software. However, the newest version of Hitman Pro, version 3, uses Dr Web, Emsisoft Anti-Malware, G Data AntiVirus and IKARUS.

What about this new version? Do you guys at BC like/think it's any good?

If the venders of anti-malware programs do not like the idea of a third party bundling their efforts together and producing a single package, which I can quite understand, is there a relatively simple way of doing so for ones own use; that is apart from downloading, updating and running each separately?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

I'm not aware of any complaints about the use of various vendor software in the new cloud-based system.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 duffsparky

duffsparky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

If the venders of anti-malware programs do not like the idea of a third party bundling their efforts together and producing a single package, which I can quite understand, is there a relatively simple way of doing so for ones own use; that is apart from downloading, updating and running each separately?

Any ideas on how to create your own bundled package?

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users