Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Boot into Normal Mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rwbil

rwbil

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

I can boot my computer into Safe Mode, but cannot boot into Normal Mode. It automatically reboots right after I enter my PW.

I have a Dell running Vista 32 Bit machine.

Here is a list of what I have already tried,

1) I opened up Msconfig and changed it to Selective startup. I thought I would attempt to isolate what start up program or process was causing it not to boot. But when I try to reboot in Selective Startup it just automatically reboots and when I open Msconfig in Safe Mode, I notice it automatically changed from Selective startup back to Normal Startup.

2) I have run all the following programs:

SuperAntiSpyware
Sbybot
CC Cleaner - Both files and registry cleaners
Glary Utilities
CombatFix
Malwarebytes

Combofix kept saying AVG was installed even though I ran AVG Remover, rebooted and do not see AVG Anywhere.

I should add Combofix, did run and found 3 infected files including SVCHOST. It then automatically rebooted. But the problems continue.

*mod edit:deleted attachment as it was not readable. sample line-7z' vjS Z T- "x[Ss@S.- Queen-Evie*

3) Just in case it might be a memory problem, I ran a memory tester and it said the memory was fine.

4) Booted to a CD and ran bootrec.exe /fixMBR. Still does not boot in Normal Mode. But something different did happen.

Normally when I boot in Normal Mode after I select the user and type in my PW it displays the Welcome screen for 2 seconds and then automatically reboots before the desktop appears. This time after running bootrec.exe /fixMBR the desktop actual came up for about 2 seconds before the system automatically rebooted. I rebooted again in normal mode again and then it did like it previously did and automatically rebooted after the welcome screen.

I was not sure if it was some fluke that the desktop came up or not, so I did the whole process again and again when rebooted in normal mode the Desktop appeared for a second and then rebooted.

5) Ran Chkdsk /r and Chkdsk /f. Still does not boot in Normal Mode

6) Also ran SFC /scannow. Still does not boot in Normal Mode

7) Also restore does not work.

I am attaching my boot logging file. The txt file was too big and it would not allow me to add a zip. So even though it is .txt it is a 7 zip file.

Any suggestion on how to proceed from here.

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Edited by Queen-Evie, 30 March 2012 - 08:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,910 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. Since you cannot boot into Normal Mode, please produce the logs while in Safe Mode.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Since you have run ComboFix, please include the ComboFix log in the new topic. DO NOT run Combofix again unless instructed to do so. Please be sure to include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.

If you cannot produce any of the other logs, then please create the new topic anyway, include the information that you were unable to produce the other logs and why and include the ComboFix log along with a description of your computer issues.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users