Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sites That Don't Display Correctly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DBF

DBF

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:02 AM

On my moms computer, some sites show up way too large. And not even fully. Download.com and mapquest.com are two of them. But it is more then just them. This is how download.com looks.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=34135

Other pages look fine. Her resolution is set to 1024x768. And even if I change that, it doesn't help. Text sizing is set at medium. I think something is wrong with the computer. I posted a log on here in the "log" forum and someone suggested to ask over here. I have run Adaware and Spybot.

Any suggestions????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:54 AM

I see you took a photograph of the screen.

To take a screenshot press the PrtScrn key & open Windows Paint & click Edit & Paste & save as a .jpg.

#3 DBF

DBF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:23 PM

Here is a screen shot of Mapquest. As you can see, it displays way too big and not even correctly.

Posted Image

Here is another.

Posted Image

Any suggestions as to how to fix this.

#4 bgardner

bgardner

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:43 PM

I noticed your using IE, does it happen with firefox out of curiosity