Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Make CDFS partition on an USB drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spogn

spogn

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hi, I have a Sandisk USB drive, and because of a reason I have to make a CDFS partition on it, or at least make it seem like that to Windows 7. Is there a way to do that in Windows (Or Mac/Darwin) without any additional software?

Thanks.

Edited by spogn, 24 March 2012 - 08:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hi

No, you can't without special software often from sources that I would not trust and it only works on specific USB flash drives. I have not seen it used for anything but evil for years now.

I've been asked for help on removing them but never creating them. They can brick the flash drive and make it unusable and unfixable.

I just tried making one and of all the USB flash drives I have, only one no-name one I got 5 years ago allowed me to do it so I really doubt your Sandisk will work (I tried 5 different Sandisk drives USB, SD and micro SD).

If you don't mind, I am extremely curious why you want to make one.

James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users