Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backup Failed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrCoffeeMate

MrCoffeeMate

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Hello,

I'm in the process of attempting to backup my laptop, so that I can proceed with the removal of an infection on my computer (I have another thread started here regarding that). I've tried twice now to do the complete Vista Backup, and each time it finishes instead of informing me that the backup was completed successfully (like I hope it would), instead it tells me that the backup failed, and gives me to option of trying it again (please see the next post in this thread for more information about this). . .

Does anyone know if the infection could be causing this discrepancy?

Thanks.

Edited by MrCoffeeMate, 24 March 2012 - 04:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrCoffeeMate

MrCoffeeMate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

PS --- The reason it gives me for this failure is that: "access is denied".

I am using a Maxtor OneTouch 4 (750 GB) external drive. It is my wife's, and she has used it successfully in the past to back-up her own laptop.

The item actually starts out the process as if it is seemingly backing up my hard drive. Then, about 1/3 of the way through, it stops and gives me this error letting me know that the back-up has failed because: "I do not have access" (or "access is denied", or something to that effect).

Anyone here possibly know a way around this glitch?

Thanks!!

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,012 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

Hello,

I see that you have been referred to the forum for Malware Removal. If you cannot complete a step in the Preparation Guide, skip it and continue on. In fact, since you received assistance in AII, I'd skip straight to Step 6 and go on from there.

In your new topic, you can explain what steps you weren't able to accomplish and what happened when you tried to do them.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users