Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Downloads Freezing Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 7Mozart7

7Mozart7

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hello people,

I've recently noticed a problem when downloading anything on Firefox. While the downloads themselves go smoothly, the problem is when I try to check the status or even use the Firefox download box at all. When a download starts the download box freezes up which in turn, freezes up my Firefox browser. It takes a minute or two to un-freeze

That's not all, whenever I try to open the download box or if it's already open & I click on anything in it, it freezes

Before I was getting the "Java script won't work" or something like that message. I turned off the Java script, to no avail. I added to the numbers of how long to give java & then put in zero, also to no avail. I don't get those java script messages anymore but the download box still freezes. I basically can't use it

Any idea's about what's going on?

Thank you in advance

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

Its most likely you need to reinstall your browser and java plugins but make sure to save your bookmarks page.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users