Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Son Vaio Keeps Shutting Off

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Choadus13

Choadus13

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

HI,
I have a sony vaio VGN-NW270F. It is running widows 7. A little while back I had a virus issue. I tried everything and ended up having to recover the entire computer back to factory settings. I ended up have to do this 3 times before it finally KEPT working. Then I thought I had it all working well all prog back on it, new security software, netflix, itunes etc.. Worked fine and then it started shutting off by itself. Battery works and charges. When I get it started. all programs are there and it works fine and then it shuts off. I can tell it lasts longer on first boot (10 min ish) after that it will boot up and ask to start windows normally or safe mode. You can do either and then it will boot and after that last 2 - 5 mins and then shuts off.

It really doesnt seem to be very hot, so Im not sure if this is a cooling issue. I have blown it out. It is clean. Again, not sure if I can hear fan or not.I have an external fan under it, just in case, and this does nothing. Before ALL of these issues, it used to get pretty hot, but worked just fine. So...... Any thoughts....

Thank You So Much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spc3rd

spc3rd

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

Hi Choadus13,

* I see that you have another post in this sub-forum regarding this same issue at this link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic443472.html/page__view__findpost__p__2605263

Several members provided some recommendations there. Did you try them, and if so what were the results? Just for future reference...it is generally preferable to remain with your original topic post for needed assistance rather than re-posting a second time about the same issue.

Until some of our more knowledgeable forum members, Moderators, or Admins can arrive to review your post...have you tried running the free Speccy program from Piriform (piriform.com) to see what your internal temperature is?

That would at least potentially rule-out a temperature issue.

Regards,

Edited by spc3rd, 23 March 2012 - 04:01 PM.

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

#3 Choadus13

Choadus13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'll try that. If I can keep it on long enough to use it.

Thanks

#4 Choadus13

Choadus13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

Downloaded. All temps seem to be fine. In fact it has been up and running fine for over an hour now. This is the longest it has stayed on in a long time! Must be a fluke. So I am not sure where to go with this now...

Suggestions Welcome. Thank You

#5 Choadus13

Choadus13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

ok. I should not have said anything. Now it keeps shutting off. Over and over and over. Will not even get to load windows. It is not hot. This cannot be heat related. I am convinced of this now. I am at a loss.

What would cause it to work fine for hours and then do this. All programs working fine. And then this. Please help
Thank You!!!

#6 spc3rd

spc3rd

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

Hi again, Choadus13,

Please review and try the instructions forum member, Artrooks, provided at the following link (in your other post about this same issue):

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic443472.html/page__view__findpost__p__2609946

Please post back here with the results.

Thank you.

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

#7 Choadus13

Choadus13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

All Tests Pass. Per Vaio Care

#8 spc3rd

spc3rd

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

That's at least one good sign!

At this point, I'm out of ideas. I'd suggest just monitoring your post here for the next couple of days and see if some of our more knowledgeable forum members, Moderators, or Admins stop by and can offer you more insight (and hopefully)...a solution to the issues you are having.

They can get quite busy trying to provide help to the many individuals posting problems, so please try and be patient. :busy:

Regards,

spc3rd

#9 Choadus13

Choadus13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

OK. Thanks a ton!!

I hope someone has some ideas.

#10 Choadus13

Choadus13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

also, if it helps. It seems to work better in safe mode. It doesnt do it nearly as much, but it still does it. So, if that helps at all????

Thank You

#11 Choadus13

Choadus13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

Any new ideas? Anyone up to this challenge?

Thank You

#12 Choadus13

Choadus13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Hi Everyone,

So, I am still having this problem. Has anyone got any new ideas? Has anyone had this happen to them? Anything would help. Please and Thank You.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users