Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox 3.628

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cjinca

cjinca

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Hi,
Sometime during the last year I downloaded one of the firefox upgrades and lost access to some add-ons. I was able to revert back to 3.6 but it will soon not be supported.

I'm pretty green when it comes to computers. When I open help tab on firefox it says version 3.628 but at the bottom of message, it reads: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.28) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

I'm hoping a seasoned computer person will offer some advice about whether to upgrade to version 11 or if there is an older version that is still available that might be better. I always hear about new versions having bugs that need to be tweaked.

Thanks in advance! cj

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

Hello,

My moto is if it isn't broke don't fix it, but on the other side of that coin I also say that if a web browser has an update, update to it.. Many people fail to realize how vulnerable you are if you don't have the latest version of a web browser, that being said in my opinion just update to the latest. All of your plugins should have updates so they will work with the latest Firefox. :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

For more opinions on the recent changes of Mozilla's update system, and loss of support for older versions of Firefox take a look at these topics.

Mozilla readies to pull support plug on Firefox 3.6

Mozilla will start Firefox silent updates in June

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users